RAINBOW TREK 2 Day/ 1Nigh Located at the south of Cusco and dominated by AUSANGATE range of Mountain (6371 m), this moved back area always remained isolated from the external influences Chilca and other andean villages, knew to keep intact much of their customs, traditions and habits of the pre-colonial period, its geological formations reveal all their splendour, in a contrast with the blue sky forming a formidable barrier enters the coastal desert and the Amazonian jungle, imposing cordillera Vilcanota counts almost as many glaciers as the White Cordillera.
|RAINBOW MOUNTAIN 2 DAYS
|2 Days /1 Nights
|March to December
|DIFICULT – MODERATE.
Day 1: Cusco, Urcos, Cusipata, Chilca,Quispicanchis
Early pick up at 06:00am from your hotel in Cusco, province of Quispicanchis, home to magnificent and sacred Ausangate cordillera (Vilcanota range of mountains), the Rainbow Mountains and countless other natural wonders. Along the way we’ll stop at two beautifully colonial churches and scenic lookouts. We’ll arrive at our trek departure point midday, and break for a tasty picnic lunch before setting out for our campsite for the night, Illapampa. Our hike begins with a moderate ascent, then continues through gently sloping meadows filled with grazing alpacas and llamas. We’ll camp for the night near the traditional home of an alpaca farming family, and speak with them a bit about their lifestyle and land. Enjoy a freshly dinner prepared by our cook, then settle into your comfortable tent for the evening, or sip a hot drink and enjoy the incredibly sky . (L – D)
Day 2: Illapampa – Rainbow Mountain – Return to Cusco.
After a hearty breakfast, set out on for Peru’s Rainbow Mountian! Ascend through dark red mountains, with views of snowy peaks in the close distance. After 1.5 to 2-hour hike, we’ll arrive at Vinicunca pass, directly facing the colorful mountain. Enjoy time to explore on your own, take photos and enjoy incredible views of the Rainbow Mountain, Ausangate, and multiple other peaks that dominate the area. After a break for lunch, we’ll begin the return hike, arriving at your Cusco hotel in the early evening. (B – L)
- An explanation two days before departing
- Tranport in private bus to the start of the trek and return to Cusco
- Transfer to your hotel on return
- Meals according to the program (Vegetarian available)
- Boiled water on all days for your bottles
- Snacks before trekking
- Camping tents for 2 and 4 persons depending on the requirements
- Camping equipment, dining tents, kitchen, tables, chairs
- Cook and assistent cook
- Kitchen/eating utensils
- Pack animals (mules and horses) to carry the baggage and equipment
- Emergency horse
- Wranglers to care for the pack animals
- Professional guide who speaks English, Spanish and Quechua
- Assistant guide for groups larger than 8 people
- Entrance tickets to the trek of Ausungate
- First aid equipment and oxygen tank
- Breakfast the first day
- Dinner the last day
- Tips for personnel: guide, cook, wranglers (according to their job)
- Sleeping bags (they can be rented in the office)
- Entrances to hot springs
- If you would like to rent an additional horse, the cost is $10 per day
WHAT TO BRING FOR YOUR TREK
- 1 small nylon reinforced backpack to carry the things you need for the trek (camera, drinks, etc.)
- 1 large backpack or suitcase to keep the things you don‘t need in your hotel in Cusco until you return from your trek
- Sleeping bag good for -5°C (which can be rented in Cusco)
- Small flashlight and extra batteries
- 1 water bottle (1 liter) or a small plastic throw away bottle
- Hiking boots
- Tennis shoes
- 1 jacket (of nylon with hood and water and wind resistant)
- 1 Fleece Jacket
- 1 pair of gloves and hat of wool (they can be bought during your trip).
- 3 or 4 short sleeved shirts (preferably “dryfit” that don’t retain water).
- 2 pairs of shorts such as bermudas.
- Medias: 4 pairs of wool and 4 of fiber (coolmax) for the trek (avoid cotton as these can retain water)
- 1 sun hat and sunglasses
- Personal medications and toiletries in small containers
- Sunscreen for your skin and lips
- Insect repellant
- Moisturizer lotion to avoid the drying out of the skin
- Bathing suit for the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes
- Heated sleeping mat
- Sleeping bags which can be rented in the office for $5 per day and good for – 10°C.
- Professional walking sticks can be rented in the office for $2 per day
- Energy foods: chocolates, granola bars, dried fruits, etc. (they can be purchased in Cusco.
2017 Prices – AUSANGATE Walk of the Llamas 5 Days / 4 Nights
Contact us, for prices. thanks
If you wish to travel alone, you need to ask for a private tour, letting us know which date you wish to leave, and you must make your reservation a week ahead of time so that we can organize your tour.
If you wish to go with other people, we can let you know what dates are available and you can join an existing group.
Write to us to make your reservation and we will send you the form and the payment conditions.