This is a tour for people who have had at least some experience on bicycles OR, IF NOT, THE FIRST PART CAN BE MADE BY TRANSPORT. It is compared with “The Road of Death” in Coroico, Bolivia. We can also enjoy part of the Inca Trail, finally ending at the mysterious city of Machu picchu.
|PROGRAM||INCA JUNGLE / MACHU PICCHU|
|LENGTH||4 Days / 3 Nights|
|AVAILABILITY||March to December|
|DIFFICULTY||DIFICULT – MODERATE.|
DAY 1: CUSCO / SANTA MARIA. (OPTIONAL: BY CAR).
This first day, we pick you up at the hotel at 7:30 am in private transport, which will also be our emergency vehicle (carro auxilio). We travel until the highest point, the pass of Málaga (4150msnm) from where we continue, descending, until our starting point, Alfamayo. From here we can take the bicycles to start our mountain biking downhill. Along this road, we can make some stops to visit some archeological sites which we encounter on the Huamanmarca trail, and we can also take photos of our journey. We ride until we arrive at our first place to overnight, the village of Santa María. We will travel around 3 to 4 hours on bicycles, and our carro auxilio is with the group for all of the first day.
MEALS: Box Lunch, Dinner. (Restaurant).
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA / SANTA TERESA.
After a good breakfast we begin our hike through the midst of farms cultivating fruit such as bananas, oranges, and mangoes, as well as coca, cocoa, spices, and coffee. Here we will also encounter a beautiful original Inca trail and can see the work that was done by our Incan ancestors. Also we can see wildlife such as birds and some mammals that are raised by the people living in this area. Later we descend to the most beautiful and best thermal baths that exist in Peru, Cocalmayu, where we can take our worn out energy and relax. Later we take public transportation for 10 minutes to the village of Santa Teresa where we will stay in our hostal.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. (Restaurant).
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
we will take local transport to the Hydroelectric plant, where we will have a late lunch in a local restaurant. Here, time permitting; we will visit an unrestored small Inca ruin. We will take the local train that departs at 3:00pm and takes approximately 1 hour to arrive at the village of Aguas Calientes. or we can walk for three hours, ten kilometers to Aguas Calientes Village. We will stay the night in Aguas Calientes, in a basic hostal and enjoy a celebratory dinner in a local restaurant.
NOTE: An alternative for Day 3 is as follows: ($ 25 extra) per person.
Early in the morning a taxi will take us to the Cola de Mono zipline. For those who do not want to take on the challenge of the zip line you have the option of taking a forest walk at Cola de Mono. After lunch in Santa Theresa, we will drive to the Hydroelectric Station. Here you have the chance to see a small but interesting Inca ruin while waiting for the train. The train departs at 3:00pm and takes about one hour to arrive at Aguas Calientes. En route you can look up and see Machu Picchu above you.
We will stay the night in Aguas Calientes, in a basic hostal and enjoy a celebratory dinner in a local restaurant.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. (Restaurant)
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
This is the most important day of trekking, when we get to know the historical sanctuary of MACHU PICCHU (2400msnm), a Wonder of the World. On this day, we will leave very early to take the first bus to Machu Picchu which leaves at 5:30 so that we can be at the citadel early to see the sunrise. In this place, we will have a thorough explanation of the Inca construction, at a time where there will be the least number of people. Later, many more people from the city of Cusco will arrive. We can also secure our entry to the mountain of Waynapichu from where we can appreciate Machu Picchu from a different vantage point. Later, we will again descend to the pueblo of Aguas Calientes to take our return train to Cusco, and then return you to your hotel. End of our services.
MEALS: Breakfast in the hotel.
The time of hiking will depend on the group. The guide can change the places for having lunch and camping according to the physical condition of the group.
Each guide has his own way of leading his groups but always his decisions will be for the benefit of the tourists.
If you would like an extra night in Aguas Calientes please let us know at the time of your reservation so that we do not have problems with your return train tickets.
INCA JUNGLE. This is an adventure tour that we must enjoy, to the maximum with good weather or, if not, always we must have an open mind, a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- An explanation two days before departing
- Transport by private bus (carro auxilio) until we reach the place where we begin and end our bicycling
- Transfer to your hotel on return
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Meals according to the program (Vegetarian available)
- Snacks before trekking
- Bicycles with all safety equipment. (helmets, gloves, kneepads, elbowpads).
- Professional guide who speaks English, Spanish and Quechua
- Assistant guide for groups larger than 8 people
- Last night celebration dinner in Aguas Calientes in a restaurant.
- Entrance into Machu Picchu
- Bus up to and back down from Machupicchu.
- Return train ticket to Cusco
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes with private bathroom and hot water
- First aid equipment and oxygen tank
- Entrances to hot springs
- Transport ot the hot springs at Santa Teresa.
- Breakfast the first day
- Lunch the last day
- Tips for personnel: guide, driver (according to their job)
WHAT TO TAKE ON THE TREK
- 1 small nylon reinforced backpack to carry the things you need for the trek (camera, drinks, etc.)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)
- 1 pair of tennis shoes.
- 1 jacket (of nylon with hood and water and wind resistent).
- 2 pairs of shorts such as bermudas.
- 1 sun hat and sunglasses.
- Personal medications and toiletries in small containers
- Sunscreen for your skin and lips
- Moisturizer lotion to avoid the drying out of the skin
- Bathing suit for the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes
- Energy foods: chocolates, granola bars, dried fruits, etc. (they can be purchased in Cusco.)
2022 PRICES INCA JUNGLE 4 DAYS/ 3 NIGHTS.
Contact us. for prices. thanks.
If you wish to travel alone, you need to ask for a private tour, letting us know which date you wish to leave, and you must make your reservation a week ahead of time so that we can organize your tour.
If you wish to go with other people, we can let you know what dates are available and you can join an existing group.
Write to us to make your reservation and we will send you the form and the payment conditions
Students: $20 U.S. (only for students who have a current international student card (ISIC card)
Children: $20 U.S. (minors of 16 years with proof of passport)