WAQRAPUKARA 4300 meters above sea level, or 14,190 feet), (Waqra-Cuenos Pukara-Fortress) which was a center of astronomical observation. And for the Qanchis in the pre-Inca e’poca as a temple to their god Teqci Wiracocha,
PROGRAM WAQRAPUKARA 2D/1N LENGTH 2 Days /1 Nights AVAILABILITY March to January ACTIVITY TYPE MYSTICAL/ECOLOGICAL/ADVENTURE DIFFICULTY DIFFICULT – MODERATE. CODE APMS 031
WAQRAPUKARA 2 DAYS 1 NIGHTS
FIRST DAY. – We pick you up from your hotel at 6:00 in the morning, and we will move to the south valley side of the city of Cusco, observing beautiful landscapes and towns that are on the route, as Saylla, traditional place of pork rinds, Huasao, land of witches and shamans most recognized of the city, Tipon, traditional place to eat guinea pigs. Oropesa, (traditional place where it is elaborated of the chutas breads, breads of great size very delicious elaborated in traditional ovens), Urcos, town of its beautiful Lagoon, Cusipata, Place where we will stop to take our delicious breakfast, to then continue continuing our journey until the deviation of Acomayo, road to Sangara, until the tip road, from where we will begin our walk of ascent by the mountain for an hour more or less of ascent enjoying a landscape clearly high Andean, We will then descend through a small ravine until we can observe the archaeological remains of Waqrapukara in the distance, all this journey is approximately 8 kilometers, once we arrive at the viewpoint we can take our classic photographs, from there we will move to our camp which is located 10 minutes from the construction to enjoy our delicious lunch.
In the afternoon after a nap, we will climb for 10 to 15 minutes in a stretch a little steep especially already reaching the archaeological remains of Waqrapukara, from the route and we can appreciate the Inca and Pre Inca construction that is located on the edge of a geological formation curiously formed giving the impression as the name of the same archaeological remains mentioned WAQRAPUKARA 4300 meters above sea level, or 14,190 feet), (Waqra-Cuenos Pukara-Fortress) which was a center of astronomical observation. And for the Qanchis in the pre-Inca e’poca as a temple to their god Teqci Wiracocha, all these explanations our guide will be informing us along the way and in the same place, we can also enjoy a walk within the same archaeological site to take pictures and enjoy some free time, after enjoying this free time we will return to the campsite to enjoy our tea time, and then dinner, and sleep very close to this impressive construction in the middle of the mountain.
SECOND DAY.- after a well deserved rest, if you wish you can go back to the archaeological site of Waqrapukara to appreciate the sunrise, and after a delicious breakfast we will continue our hike to the Huayqui community, for about 7 to 8 kilometers where we will have lunch, in this same place we will be waiting for our transport to return to the city of Cusco, this route to this community is different from the route we did the first day, as we entered by a different sector and left by another. Arriving to the city of Cusco at 6:00 pm approximately.
- A briefing two days before the trek
- Transport in private bus to the start of the trek
- Transfer to your hotel on return to Cusco.
- Meals according to the program (Vegetarian available)
- Boiled water on all days for your bottles
- Snacks before trekking
- Camping tents for 2 and 4 persons depending on the requirements
- Camping equipment, dining tents, kitchen, tables, chairsCook and assistent cookKitchen/eating utensils
- Pack animals (mules and horses) to carry the baggage and equipment.
- Emergency horse.
- Wranglers to care for the pack animals
- Professional guide who speaks English, Spanish and Quechua
- Assistant guide for groups larger than 8 people
- First aid equipment and oxygen tank
- First Aid Equipment and oxygen
- Entrance into Waqrapukara
- Sleeping bag
- Tips for the guide
WHAT TO BRING ON THE TREK
- 1 small nylon reinforced backpack to carry the things you need for the trek (camera, drinks, etc.)
- Hiking boots
- Tennis shoes
- 1 Jacket or poncho with hood (nylon, wind and water-resistant)
- 1 Fleece Jacket
- 1 bottle of water
- 1 sunhat and sunglasses
- Personal medications and toiletries in small containers
- Sunscreen for your skin and lips
- Insect repellent
- Moisturizer lotion to avoid the drying out of the skin
- Bathing suit for the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes
- Professional walking sticks can be rented in the office for $2 per day. They are rubber-tipped, which is the rule for the trek.
- Energy foods: chocolates, granola bars, dried fruits, etc. (they can be purchased in Cusco.
Prices 2022 WAQRAPUKARA 2 Days / 1 Night.
Group Service Price. Reserve Now!