|DIFFICULTY||EASY – MODERATE.|
Guided visit to the not traditional MORAY circuit, a unique archaeological site.Moray is a place of depressions or natural gigantic holes in the surface of the area that were used to construct in its contours farming terraces or agricultural platforms with their respective irrigation canals. What calls powerfully the attention is the difference of annual average temperature between the highest areas with the bottom of the depressions, which manages to have even 15°C in the principal depression of approximately 30 meters of depth.MORAY, for its climatic conditions and other characteristics, was an important center of domestication, acclimatization and hybridization of vegetable, wild plants that were modified or adapted for the human consumption.
Then we will go towards the Salineras located at 7 km of Moray, we will pass a Typical Spanish Village called Maras. Towards the northwest of the village of Maras we can find the famous salineras known by some as ” salt pans” there are constituted by approximately 3000 small pans by an average area of approximately 5 m ², constructed in a side of the inclination of the mountain of “Qaqawiñay”, which during the epoch of drought “they” fill or “water” every 3 days with salty water that comes from a natural spring located at the top of the pans, once the water gets evaporated, the salt contained on them will gradually get solid. This process will continue approximately for one month up to obtaining a considerable volume of solid salt, of approximately 10 cms. of height from the floor, which later is struck and this way granulated; the salt will be pocketed later in costal plastic and sent to the markets of the region; today this salt is being iodized for what its consumption is not harmful.
Return to Cusco City
The briefing will be 2 days before the group departs, where you will first meet with your guide, and have an explanation about the tour.
The time of hiking will depend on the group. The guide can change the places for having lunch and camping according to the physical condition of the group.
Each guide has his own way of leading his groups but always his decisions will be for the benefit of the tourists.
MARAS MORAY SALINERAS. This is an adventure tour that we must enjoy, to the maximum with good weather or, if not, always we must have an open mind, a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- An explanation two days before departing.
- Transport in private bus to the start of the trek.
- Transfer to your hotel on return.
- (Meals according to the program (Vegetarian available)
- Snacks before trekking
- Professional guide who speaks English, Spanish and Quechua.
- Assistant guide for groups larger than 8 people.
- First aid equipment and oxygen tank.
- Entrance into MORAY. SALINERAS.
- Personalized attention.
- Breakfast the first day
- Dinner the last day
- Tips for personnel: guide, and driver (according to their job)
WHAT TO BRING ON THE TREK
- 1 small nylon reinforced backpack to carry the things you need for the trek (camera, drinks, etc.)
- 1 large backpack or suitcase to keep the things you don‘t need in your hotel in Cusco until you return from your trek
- Small flashlight and extra batteries
- 1 water bottle (1 liter) or a small plastic throw away bottle
- Hiking boots or Tennis shoes
- 1 Fleece Jacket
- 1 sun hat and sunglasses
- Personal medications and toilet piper
- Sunscreen for your skin and lips
- Moisturizer lotion to avoid the drying out of the skiing
- Professional walking sticks can be rented in the office for $2 per day
- Energy foods: chocolates, granola bars, dried fruits, etc. (they can be purchased in Cusco.
2017 Prices. MARAS MORAY SALINERAS.
|Number of People||2||3||4||5||6 or more|
|Price per person in $||$ 150||$ 100||$ 85||$ 70||Contact Us|
If you wish to travel alone, you need to ask for a private tour, letting us know which date you wish to leave, and you must make your reservation a week ahead of time so that we can organize your tour.
If you wish to go with other people, we can let you know what dates are available and you can join an existing group.
Write to us to make your reservation and we will send you the form and the payment conditions
Students: (only for students who have a current international student card (ISIC card)
Children: (minors of 16 years with proof of passport)